Starting out on vegan lifestyle or already vegan looking for new and trendy practices on diet? This guide will offer you useful tips. Relevant guides, cookbooks to memoirs from those who have practiced vegan for years.
- 1 List of Best 10 Vegan Books to Buy in 2023
- 2 Recommended Books
- 3 Suggested Books
- 4 Detailed Reviews Guide for Top 3 Vegan Books
- 5 Another 7 Vegan Titles you should consider reading
- 5.1 4. Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
- 5.2 5. But I Could Never Go Vegan! By Kristy Turner
- 5.3 6. Vegan for Life: Everything You Need to Know to Be Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet
- 5.4 7. The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
- 5.5 8. Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism
- 5.6 9. Animal Liberation: The Definitive Classic of the Animal Movement
- 5.7 10. The Vegan Girl’s Guide to Life: Cruelty-Free Crafts, Recipes, Beauty Secrets and More
List of Best 10 Vegan Books to Buy in 2023
Vegan books are mostly dominated by cookbooks. But vegan is much more than recipes.
Cookbooks seem to dominate the vegan category, but it’s not all about the recipes. There are some incredible victory stores on living a vegan lifestyle, and on the other side, some painful tales that plainly describe animal cruelty.
It’s thus crucial that you approach “vegan lifestyle” from all angles. Here are some suggested books from the following approaches/categories.
True inspiring stories to help undecided vegans if that’s appropriate lifestyle to adopt. One of the best in this category is “Eating Animals” by Jonathan Safran Foer.
There are wide variety of guides on vegan lifestyle and practices. Good start for newbie vegans.
Ideal for both starters and seasoned vegans. Help broaden mind and perspective and see things in more deeper ways. Mostly written by people with deeper experiences and who questions theories and investigate veganism over long period of time.
Recipes are daily aspects of vegans. Plenty of cookbooks to choose from. One of the best for vegans with affinity to sweet tooth is “Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World”. The other is “The Oh She Glows Cookbook”
Detailed Reviews Guide for Top 3 Vegan Books
1. The Oh She Glows Cookbook
Authored by Angela Liddon, who used to suffer from an eating disorder. She knows a lot about food. She started by blogging and her influence spread through out to many nations
The collection in this cookbook is a manifestation of Angela’s hard work. It has plenty of mouth-watering plant-based recipes and incredible food photography. And you don’t have to be a vegan to try out some of the recipes.
2. Eat and Run by Scott Jurek
Authored by the legendary Scott Jurek. Stories from a vegan runner. World-famous athlete who practices a vegan lifestyle. Inspiring book, with many varied aspects of being a vegan – recipes, advise and tales from his life.
Favorite books with runners and vegans as well, as Scott shows that you don’t need animal protein to be successful. A relatively easy read, real and practical book. Has only 288 pages, this a good read on your work break or during you next long travel.
3. The Food Revolution by John Robbins
Authored by John Robbins, the book is a combination of memoir and philosophy. He talks about his ideas on living healthier and longer, feeding the hungry, genetically modifies foods, global warming and cruelty to animals.
It gives a very strong opinion for vegan lifestyle, with practical perspectives. However, some of the descriptions can be seen as harsh and unfriendly. But still a good read.
The book depicts John as thoroughly knowledgeable on topics he discusses, and research that authenticate the same. Incredible read for those thinking about starting vegan lifestyle.