Doubting one’s self-worth and not being confidence enough, has proven to severely affect performance, both for children and adults. And lower quality of live. Good news is, this can be worked on and boost your confidence and raise self-esteem to levels you even didn’t expect. Don’t let temporal challenges, setbacks and failures, to keep you down.
Getting the right books on self -esteem can be a little overwhelming. There are volumes and volumes of books on self-confidence, self-worth and uplifting self -esteem. We have made you journey to improving your self-esteem with below list of top books worth reading.
- 1 A List of Top 6 Self-Esteem Books you should Read in 2023
- 2 What factors to consider when Buying Self-Esteem Books
- 3 Detailed Reviews of 3 Best Self-Esteem Books
- 4 The Other 3 Self-esteem Books worth Reading
- 4.1 4. Self-Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem
- 4.2 5.Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on It
- 4.3 6. Healing Your Emotional Self: A Powerful Program to Help You Raise Your Self-Esteem, Quiet Your Inner Critic, and Overcome Your Shame
A List of Top 6 Self-Esteem Books you should Read in 2023
What factors to consider when Buying Self-Esteem Books
Professional Advice – Listen to Psychiatrist and counseling professionals. With their deeper understanding of mental state, your history or specific incidents in life, they are able to help get the right books to help in the journey of recovery.
Close Friends and Relatives – We are likely to have seen incidents of demoralized family members or close friends. And they eventually recovered perfectly. Ask them what books helped them along the way.
Authors & Real-life Experiences – Where possible, read the bio of the self-esteem writers, and understand where they are coming from. Authors who writers from their experiences, are more likely to have a much deeper connection with your situation. Experienced counselors, are also likely to provide important knowledge, from their prolonged interaction with people having poor confidence.
And Why Should You Improve your Self-esteem & Confidence?
• Freedom to be yourself. Not swayed by others.
• Accept positive criticism. Thus improve your study, career and family life
• Express your views, both in agreement and disagreement in every aspect of life
• Kids with high-esteem and confidence are proven to consistently perform well. Both in academic, sports and social life
Detailed Reviews of 3 Best Self-Esteem Books
1. The Gifts of Imperfection
Authored by Brene Brown, this book is perfect place to begin. Letting go of who you think you are supposed to be and embrace who you are truly are. The writer share guides on how to be at peace with yourself and appreciate who you are. Be contented in who you are, what you have and all inadequacies as well. It recommends shunning the society and community influences on how best to do your life. Focus, instead on what makes you happy and comfortable. I highly recommended book to give your self-esteem a boost.
2. The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
Cardinal book on Self-esteem topic, authored Nathaniel Branden, the pioneer in the field. It explains why self-esteem is very important to positive relationships, physiological health and personal achievements. If offers profound guidelines that if implemented, will get you confident of your capabilities, gifts, personality and powers. It getting you to build positive relationships and networks. It’s highly recommended book for healthier, richer and more satisfying life.
3. The Self-Esteem Workbook
The book is one of the most detailed guides on self-esteem, authored by Glenn R. Schiraldi. The approach used by this book is through taking responsibility of your failures and be responsive to positive criticism.
It teaches self-acceptance, setting you up rightly to achieve goals that will make your life happy, comfortable and richer in all aspects. It puts emphasis on being compassionate to you and other around you, as this helps build better and healthy relations with others.